Who do I work with? Adults 18+, Couples and Individuals
How do I work? Face-to-Face and Online
Where am I based? Northamptonshire
I have been counselling for 15 years and work with both individuals and couples, who are Neurodiverse (diagnosed or not), including LGBTQ+ community.
Prior to training as a counsellor, I had a career as a health professional in the NHS.
I work in a warm, collaborative, positive and non- judgemental way- to put you at ease. I aim to provide a safe, consistent and boundaried space for you to explore the issues that bring you into counselling at this time in your life.
I am passionate about having a non-stigmatising, compassionate and inclusive approach with clients, as someone who has lived experience of neurodiversity with both my family and myself. This has enabled me to provide a safe counselling space that is specifically developed with neurodivergence and associated conditions in mind.
Ways of Working
My work with clients is informed by Neurodiversity, modern neuroscience, Polyvagal Theory and a compassionate understanding of how the central nervous system is affected by trauma.
I work in an Integrative way, that is, I use different modalities of counselling to tailor my approach so that it best fits your personality style and neurological difference.
For example, CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) or Gestalt- working very relationally or using ideas from Transactional Analysis.
I often use visual information via power point online, or a small flipchart to communicate concepts – for example about brain difference when working with couples and Individuals or about the nervous system to help explain stress or burnout.
I work in both an open-ended way for clients who want longer term work with me, and I can work for a set number of sessions if that meets clients’ needs and budgets also.
The Types of Issues I Support Neurodivergent Clients With
- I work with neurodivergent adults who may present with issues such as relationship difficulties, anxiety, depression, trauma symptoms, physical Illness, working through a recent diagnosis, stress, managing change, grief, work- burnout and overwhelm.
- I also support adults who have a faith or no faith and those who may have experienced trauma in their past.
- I am Eating-Disorder trained, and support clients wishing to address their relationship with eating and with food. I am trained in the theory and practice of Emotional Freedom Technique, a safe and scientifically proven treatment to reduce trauma symptoms
PG Dip (level 7) Dip COT Reg MBACP
Eating- Disorder Trained (NCFED) and Cert EFT Trained (Emotional Freedom Technique)
Additional CPD Specific to Neurodiversity
- Equality and Diversity Training BACP
- Neurodiversity training with Aspire Autism – Online Events
- Working with Neurodiversity and Eating Disorders- Online Events
- Working with neurodivergent couples in therapy- Aspire Autism Consultancy
- Attendance of Aspire Consultancy’s monthly CPD and Supervision Group focusing on neurodiversity.
- Monthly Supervision with Supervisor specialist in Neurodiversity.